Monday, January 9, 2012

Fluffy Biscuits

So my daughter has surpassed me in making homemade biscuits.  I found a hint in a Thanksgiving cookbook I picked up to skim at a friends house.  The author talks about how the flour in the south is "softer" and he recommended to mix half cake flour with half all-purpose flour to get great biscuits.  It worked!!.  They were twice as tall and so light and fluffy.  Now she has biscuits and gravy down.  Look out guys, she is single.

Of course, biscuits and gravy should be eaten in moderation to help with your weight loss.  Down 4 pounds this week.  I cut back on portions size and tried not to eat to many homemade cookies or cinnamon rolls. Why is it when you want to lose weight, you feel the urge to bake homemade goodies?

Well, let me know how you are doing or if you have any good biscuit tricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment