Saturday, January 14, 2012

French Bread and Tomato Basil Soup

Tried simple French Bread and Tomato Basil Soup from Recipe Shoebox tonight.  The bread was a little flat; probably because I used one yeast packet and then only did the second rise for about a half hour.  The important thing is it still tasted great. Of course, when does yeast bread taste bad when it is hot from the oven?  For the soup, I only used one can of crushed tomatoes and 1% milk instead of cream (didn't feel like dragging the 2 yr old DGD out into the snow for groceries.) I liked the soup with the one can of tomatoes but I think I would have liked it with cream better and the cream is one WWPP difference per serving.

Daughter just got home from drill so hopefully we can sit down and get a menu plan for the week worked out.  I didn't get to far with it today; I started reading blogs and that is all she wrote.

No comments:

Post a Comment